The Aesthetic and Anti-Aging Medicine Society of South Africa (AAMSSA) is a medical society committed to the practice, advancement and regulation of Aesthetic and Anti-aging Medicine in South Africa. AAMSSA membership offers the medical practitioner support in career development, added exposure, broaden your horizon and give you the opportunity to belong to a community of like-minded individuals where the standards of treatment are world class, ethical, and medically appropriate to ultimately benefit the patient and the profession.
The following is required for a successfull AAMSSA membership application:
- Registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa or Namibia
- Special interest in the subject of Aesthetic or Anti-Aging medicine.
- At least 20 relevant CPD points per year in Aesthetic or Anti-Aging medical trainings, or equivalent. (Equivalent CME points will also be accepted).
- A minimum of two years’ of clinical practice in the field of Aesthetic or Anti-Aging medicine is a compulsory requirement for Full membership.
- Members must remain within their scope of practice according to HPCSA guidelines.
Membership (Full or Candidate) is subjected to approval by the executive committee. The committee could ask for more details after evaluation of documents.
Membership fee of R1 500 is only payable on approval. An invoice will be issued.