AAMSSA is a non-profit society committed to the scientific and legitimate practice of Aesthetic and Anti-Aging Medicine to the benefit of the profession and the patient. AAMSSA is affiliated to the International Union of Aesthetic Medicine (UIME), South African Medical Association (SAMA), actively collaborates with the HPCSA when Scope of Practise for Aesthetic practitioners are considered as well as with the medical societies: The Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons of Southern Africa (APRASSA), Dermatology Society Of South Africa (DSSA) and The South African Society for Dermatologic Surgery (SASDS).
We represent all medical doctors with a special interest in Aesthetic and Anti-Aging Medicine of South Africa and neighbouring countries. AAMSSA Membership supports career development, skills development, and the opportunity to belong to a community of like-minded individuals where the standards of treatment are world-class, ethical, and medically appropriate.
The following is required for a successfull AAMSSA membership application:
- Registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa or Namibia
- Special interest in the subject of Aesthetic or Anti-Aging medicine.
- At least 20 relevant CPD points per year in Aesthetic or Anti-Aging medical trainings, or equivalent. (Equivalent CME points will also be accepted).
- A minimum of two years’ of clinical practice in the field of Aesthetic or Anti-Aging medicine is a compulsory requirement for Full membership.
- Members must remain within their scope of practice according to HPCSA guidelines.
Membership (Full or Candidate) is subjected to approval by the executive committee. The committee could ask for more details after evaluation of documents.
Membership fee of R1 600 is only payable on approval. An invoice will be issued.