AAMSSA is committed to advance safe and ethical Aesthetic and Anti-Aging Medicine to the benefit of medical practitioners and members of the public. We will endeavour to provide open access to information so that patients can easily source appropriately trained and experienced doctors.
WHY CHOOSE AN AAMSSA DOCTOR?
- AAMSSA members are registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) with a licence to practice.
- AAMSSA members must meet the requirements of the society to gain and retain their membership.
- The Minimum Requirements are:
- Registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa, Namibia, or Neighbouring Country
- Special interest in the subject of Aesthetic or Anti-aging medicine.
- At least 20 relevant CPD points per year in Aesthetic or Anti-Aging medical trainings, or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years’ of clinical practice in the field of Aesthetic or Anti-Aging medicine is a compulsory requirement for Full membership.
- Members must remain within their scope of practice according to HPCSA guidelines.
- AAMSSA members must attend regular educational and scientific meetings.